Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ladies, adorn yourselves.



When working with Maggie of Shanty on this little project, I just kept thinking of the scene from How To Loose a Guy in 10 Days when Benjamin Berry (Matthew McConaughey) has this conversation with his boss in regards to an ad campaign for a diamond company:
------------------
Oh, it's just a little frosting.
Frosting?
Frosting. We were thinking bold, new, fresh: "Frost yourself."
Excuse me?
"Frost yourself..." - The slogan for the campaign.
You frost a cake.
I'm talking about diamonds. They're frosting. As in, "Whoa, would you check out her frosting?"
Frost yourself.
Frost yourself.
(Yelling out the window)
Women of New York!
Frost yourselves!
(A pedestrian yells back): Hey, frost this!
Well, I like it.
------------------
Anyway, we decided to package jewelry purchased at Shanty with the word 'adorn'. Given the fictional reaction 'frost' received, we figured adorn was more appropriate. Ha. Plus, you can't tell me you don't like the thought of adorning yourself. Especially when you get a cute bag for your adornments - only at Shanty!




2 comments:

  1. cute! i've been looking for bags like this for a project- do you mind me asking where you got these from? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to ask her - I'm not sure but I think she ordered them online. I saw some similar at Michaels over the weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete