Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Holidays. All around the world!








Windlab commissioned me to create a holiday e-card for them. The challenge: Create a concept that can work for the snowy regions of the world as well as those that are full of sun and sand for the holidays.  Serendipitously, I had a meeting with an Aussie here in Portland while working on the project and picked his brain about what Christmas means to him. He said, "The beach and BBQ." Very opposite of my experience, needless to say! (I grew up in the Midwest.) Thanks to him and some Google image searches, I captured the essence of an Australian Christmas. One of my new life goals: Celebrate the holidays in Australia sometime. Upon the request of the client, we also arranged the stars to resemble the Southern Crossthe most familiar constellation in the southern hemisphere. It even shows up on the Australian flag.


May all your holidays be bright, too! Hopefully some of it due to wind power!


A couple preliminary options:












2 comments:

  1. These are perfectly delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just brought back a lot of memories for me when I was in Australia for study abroad. Would love to celebrate Christmas with you down under sometime in the future!

    ReplyDelete