Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Trunk. Before + After.

Sometimes working on the computer is just too tidy. There are days I crave a tangible project. I love how all of the elements and principles of design apply to everything - not just graphic art. So, when I found this very old, nasty trunk at the Barn House sale this fall, I couldn't resist. The last thing I needed for my home was a large trunk for....well....whatever. But the price was right and I had a hankerin' for a rehab project. Once I unloaded it at home I wondered what exactly I had gotten myself into. Black mold, green mold, small bugs, large bugs, rusty metal, old stinky wood, canvas and paper. That's what. But not for long! After lots of bleach, scrubbing, power-washing, spraying, drying, peeling, scraping, painting and sealing, this is what I've got:
Now I just have to figure out where to put it. It's true - I didn't need it. But I did need something untidy to throw some creativity at. Mission accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo... it's stunning meg! Love it to bits and bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so oober talented and creative. Color me jealous! I would never see something that beautiful in an old trunk. :) God gave you an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!! what a fun project. I'm happy to have been able to be there when you found this fabulous treasure (:

    ReplyDelete